Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com

The Introverted Extrovert

Inside the mind of a psychotic weirdo -- Enzo

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Rain

I like rain.
The way it falls down, pitter-pattering on the roof.
I can't help but sit down and just watch the rain as it hits the window,
As each drop hits the pavement and explodes into little smaller ones.
It's times like these that you just want to stay in bed...
And just cuddle...
Pillows would be just fine,
But cuddling with someone special would be so much better.
You could just talk about anything and nothing at all
Just keep each other company.
A kiss here, a hug there.. keeping each other warm
Until you both just fall asleep
And then you wake up, it's still raining
You see that special someone beside you
Silently sleeping, so calm
And you can't help but smile the biggest smile you can
And realize what a lucky person you are
To be waking up next to an angel.

I like rain.
How it's so easy to think.
The soothing lullaby it makes.
How the cool breeze calms the nerves.
The way it makes you want to just lay still.

-----

It just sucks how rain is a two-edged sword, especially here in the Philippines where floods are the norm. When I was a kid, I'd always wish for rain so classes would be suspended. So that we could "take a bath" in the rain -- although that would be more of singing and dancing for us. As I got older, I loved the rain no less, but it started to get inconvenient, especially when I had to go out on a rainy day. Whenever it rained, I never wanted to leave where I was. Like staying wherever I was was the right thing to do. But thinking about all the people being affected by floods.. Houses underwater, or taken away by the flood-tides.. Lives changed and taken away.. It's depressing when you think about it that way. But life goes on. We can't do anything about what has happened, we can only do the best we can to stop it from every happening again. Anything, that happens, happens. I just thank God that it wasn't me or my loved ones and to ask Him to help those families who's lives will be forevered changed.

But on the brighter side, I really just want to hug and kiss and cuddle right now... I wish I wasn't so far in Laguna right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home