Cursor by www.Soup-Faerie.Com

The Introverted Extrovert

Inside the mind of a psychotic weirdo -- Enzo

Monday, April 12, 2004

My Pagudpud vacation...

hmmm.. why do i only write after vacations? hehe :P
anyway, i just got back this morning from my family's holy week vacation :) we left last wednesday night on an 845 bus to Laoag. It was a great bus, large comfy,reclining seats, with a CR at the back of the bus. Going to Laoag I dind't get much sleep, maybe ounly 3 hours or less,s o when we got there i was sort of dizzy.. hehe We stayed in a hotel called Northview Hotel, it was okay, not too shabby. Anyway, we spent the first day touring churches (bisita igelsia.. wehehe) The one in Sarrat was nice, a great reminder of our history during the spanish times too. The design was spanish (i think.. hehe) and ride beside it, connected by a small bridge (called a corillo) to a governemnt building (complete with a jail and torture chambers!). This was a symbol of the untiy of church and state for some time back then (or the rising to pwoer of the friars, i can't quite remember.. waheheh). We even passed by the marcos uhhmm museum? or tomb? something like that.. hehe we ate the really good (and fatty! -- with all the oil dripping on my fingers...) empanda there. And although i don't really eat longganisa (which was the meat inside) i found it very good. They also ate tinubong (which I only tasted today.. --it was good! its a shame I didn't buy more...).

The next day we went to Vigan, it was a really spanish place. All the buildings looked spanish, they were just converted/restored to fit modern day equipment. Surprisingly I met 2 people I knew (both ICA graduates.. hehe) Je (fresh grad coming to ateneo!) and Adee (my batch). So fun, although it was really hot under the sun. We went to the crisologo museum (one of the prominent families there) I didn't know so many things could happen to just one family...

The next day we went to pagudpud, the hightlight of our trip. We almost had no place to stay though.. thankfully, there was an opening at the first resort we tried.. :) We'd spend one night there. On the way there we passed by a lighthouse, I don't really know if it was used, but I was able to climb to the top (it wasn't that tall thankfully.. haha but it was really windy at the top..). Pagudpud was great, we went to Maira-ira Blue Lagoon. From the road we saw how beautiful it was and everyone started bringing out their cameras and taking pictures.. it was great! When we swam though, there was a lot of seaweed, I made a game (and exercise) of trying to throw the sea weed as far on the beach as I could, so it wouln't bother me anymore, I oft times failed though.. haha The waves were really high! as in WOW! haha :) we couldn't really swim (well really can't swim! well, float anyway) so we just jump at each oncoming wave... there were a few that were many feet over my head, it's a good thing thet salt water is denser, so bouyancy is great.. hehehe easier to jump! :) The next day we were supposed to go swimming again at the resort, but I fell asleep again after breakfast, so I didn't get to swim, oh well.. :) The doctor that was fetching us came late, but its a good thing that we reached the mass at 6, the ride was only about one and a half hours, wherein it was usually 2-3 hours.. now that's speeding! haha :)anyway, when we got back, we just went to mass, ate at mcdo and went straight to the bus.. an 845pm bus again.. same time, same bus.. :) bus no. 8.. hehe i got to watched T3 for the first time, its a shame I couldn't understand half of what was being said.. hehe oh well, and i barely got any sleep there.. at maximum only 30 minutes.. I'll be sure to sleep tonight! hehe The bus ride though was not really boring coz the driver kept on overtaking and I was silently cheering him on.. haha feel the rush! hehe but much of the time, with all the lights closed I was just thinking, or looking at the sights-- there was some sort of fiesta i think in candon... and there were places which sold fruits i think that were open at 2am, and I have no idea why..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home